• Angels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

bonger
10+ year member

Hi,

I wanted to get myself RE SE 10s and was wondering whether 2 of them would make much of a diff over having one. I listen to mostly rock but do throw in a hip hop or hardcore cd on a regular basis. So i need high quality bass that wont drown out vocals while still being able to hit hard when neccesary.

Would 2 10s just be louder? And if so, by how much? Would one 12 be louder than 2 10s? Would I be giving up SQ on the RE SE by getting a 12 instead?

Thanks...

Ok, I just read that 2 10s = 1 12 , 2 12s = 1 15. Is this correct?

Now, running cdt 61a comps with cdt 6x fillers...what would be the correct amount of bass for balance and sq? 2 10s?

Ok, I just read that 2 10s = 1 12 , 2 12s = 1 15. Is this correct?
Now, running cdt 61a comps with cdt 6x fillers...what would be the correct amount of bass for balance and sq? 2 10s?
Eh no its not correct. I forget the actualy conversions and don't really want to look them up, i know i read them yesterday though sometime. A 2nd 10 assuming it has the same power as the first will amazingly enough double the output. My recomendation to you would be buy one 10 or even 12, if you aren't satisfied port it, or buy another, otherwise be happy. Make sure you are powering it well though, you may think that the problem is the sub when really the amp isn't putting out enough power.

get what ever u can afford to power.....if u have the power do 2 10s.depends on what amp u have and what kind of taste u have in music.If u like tight bass go 10s or u want to get deeper go 12s.

depends on what amp u have and what kind of taste u have in music.If u like tight bass go 10s or u want to get deeper go 12s.
12s will sound just as "tight" as 10s and be louder doing it. If you want it loud at lower frequencies and have the room for the box and the subs themselves you want 12s. If volume is not what you are after or your space is limited, 10s are the obvious choice as they generally require a smaller enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...