multiple layers of dynamat

solo what?
10+ year member

oklahoma
ive already got a layer of dynamat xtreme in my trunk but the inside of my car (plastic part that holds my stock 6x9's) rattles like ****. now there isnt any dynamat there and can you even put dynamat on plastic? and one more q. with the proper power would one 15XXX hit harder than 2 12 L7's with 750 going to both of them?

Yeah you can put Dynamat on the back of plastic. Though liquid sound deadeners work better then stick on ones. If you want to do your plastic I would get some liquid sound deadeners in a can and spray the back of the plastic... I like the Cascade VB-1S Pro the best... as far as liquid sound deadeners in a can, it's worked the best out of the rest for me. Of if it's just cuz the plastic is touching the metal and it's ratteling cuz of that you might want to try to put some weatherstripping between the plastic and metal and that should stop the ratteling.

how much did you get the dynomat for? is it really working good? meaning did it totally stop your trunk from rattling? are you facing your subs towards the outside? im really interested in investing on this product, i hear its quite expensive.. any other alternatives as to the brand name that does the job also? any good deals? thankssss

1 gallon of Cascade VB-X1 $60 (can be spraied or painted on)- http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=16652415&St=8754&St2=71931911&St3=54553415&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=15301&DID=7

1 can of Cascade VB-1S Pro (will do around 6sqft.) $17- http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&User_ID=18151266&St=1481&St2=-78969020&St3=-76222854&DS_ID=3&Product_ID=7107&DID=7

I like the cans since you can just spray it on. The liquid deadeners work better then the stick on dampeners. If you really want to do the stick on dampeners then I would look into getting some Brown Bread, or Second Skin. They both work just as good if not better then Dynamat for cheaper. Brown Bread, Second Skin, and Dynamat can all be found on Ebay.

36sqft of Dynamat Xtream- $90 plus shipping

70sqft of Brown Bread- $135 plus shipping

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=Dynamat

The cheap stuff like FatMat Xtream usally has problems sticking and will fall off after a few months, so I wouldn't suggest buying it.

well my tag still rattles but the subs are facing the sides of the trunk a can of the liquid deadner sounds the solution to my problem though thanks for your help

im really interested in this liquid sound deadener, since ive never hear of it, and really cheap alternative to dynamat. have sum questions tho... do you spray this on the metal? im planning to use it on my trunk. i would have to take this rug off the trunk first... also, does this go on like paint? when you spray it, can it run like paint?

can i spray it on the top part of the rear of the trunk so the stop light doesnt rattle against the window? does it really work when you have really loud subs? (i dont have really REALLY loud subs, just a pair of 12 inch pioneers 1000 rms. really lookin forward to research on these, please lemme get sum feedback, thanks

The liquid sound deadener will stick to anything. You can use it on plastic, metal, painted metal, pretty much anything. If you get it in a spray can like I did I would suggest you tape/paper off what you don't want to get spraied. Or if you buy it buy the gallon you can just use a paint brush and brush it on. You'll want to get it 1/8-1/4" thick. Put on a layer, wait an hour or two and put on another layer till it is as thick as you want it, then give it 24 hours to dry befor you start pounding your system. You can also paint over it when it is dry if you want to.

ooo ic now. i trieda go to home depot see if i can find it cheaper but no luck, they dont carry the stuff. just wanted to find it around here so i dont hafta pay shippn n handlin and do all the waiting... im probably gonna go with the spray, sounds simpler to do. question to anyone who uses it. im gonna use it on my trunk cus it rattles like ****. if i do the spray on the back of the trunk, are the sound waves or whatevers makin the rattlin force, gonna force itself upwards instead of outwards towards the rear? (my subs are facing out) cus then ill hafta cover the upper part of the trunk, i was gonna do it anyways cus my brake light is against the back window and it rattles like a *****. thanks for all feedback

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.