My First Box + Questions

mrfreshnklean
10+ year member

Well I made my first box. Its shitty cause the ****** at home depot either had the cuts a quarter inch off, or they were crooked.

The only tools I have at my house is a drill, a jigsaw, and a screwdriver, which my mother bought me for my birthday. Yes, its sickening........ we do not even have a hammer. (Actually we had some tools but I some how lost them all).

To get to the point, how do you guys make straight lines for cuts? Stupid questions but I never ever could make straight lines with a **** ruler (always crooked).

And how do you cut your wood?

thanks

I got home depot to cut mine, but when i want to make a straight line, i get a straight edge (piece of wood. ruler, whatever). Make sure it is long enough to go from one end of the board to the other that you want the line on.

I measure over from one side whatever you need, then from the other. Mark a dot on each side, and you can in the middle as well if you want. Just put your straight edge down, connect the dots then draw //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You can then cut along that line with a table saw, jigsaw or skill saw. I would recommend a table saw though. I personally find it very hard to cut straight with a jigsaw and not too easy with a skill saw.

Good luck,

Craig G

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.