my new box for 2 re8's

kungfoojesus
10+ year member

I'm having problems figuring out how much volume my enclosure has. I started out thinking I would need every tiny bit I could get and now it turns out I have somewhere between one and a half to two times more volume than I need for my sealed enclosure. I kind of glassed in between every little hump so the back of my box kinda looks like a bige roller coaster with about 15 hills in it. If I have the above mentioned amount of extra volume will it hurt my subs or reduce my SQ? Figuring out my volume would be retarded hard cuz I'd have to use sand or rocks or something.

use liter water bottles and then convert it to cubic feet...i think that is how people do it...if not please feel free correct me

when sealed u really dont want more than ima say 1cube for the both of them... but u can always put like a filler into the box to take up air space

I can't fit a cube behind a truck seat so I'll just have to figure out the volume of the box somehow. Its a triangle but the back of the box contours the back of my truck cab exactly... which has a couple big humps in it plus about 15 other humps that are an inch or so wide and slope in various directions etc.

What product is cheap and accurate to use to fill this thing up? I was thinking the bean bag stuff would be good to fill it up with then dump out into some boxes so I can figure out the actual volume of my box. No clue though where to get it since there's no old bean bags around here. Any suggestions plz thnx.

put a big black trash bag into it and then fill with water... then calulate //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I like to use packing peanuts. Dump in, pack down....then dump out into square box, measure length/width/height of peanuts in box... then L x W x H divided by 1728 = cubic feet.

R

what if u pack down too much or too little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif then ur royally screwed...use water, u cant compress or expand it.

what if u pack down too much or too little //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif then ur royally screwed...use water, u cant compress or expand it.
True...but water and car audio don't exactly mix very well.

I like to use packing peanuts. Dump in, pack down....then dump out into square box, measure length/width/height of peanuts in box... then L x W x H divided by 1728 = cubic feet.
R
True True, leave everything , n take the last wisewords, that should fit well.

what i did was use a cooking CUP to measure the volume. very easy and usually every household will have a 5~10 cup ... cup if you know what im saying.

i had a pyrex 8cup mug thing that i filled with packing peanuts and poured the foam bits in my fiberglass box and it worked great, turned out i only had .1cuft too much ^_^

and he didnt mean a actual CUBE dude =) its slang for CUBIC FOOT =P

1 cubic foot = 120 cups

i needed .6 cubic feet for my enclosure SO it was about 55-60 cups of peanuts. i happend to have a measuring cup that held 8 cups, so it went really fast.

its easy to do. and works like a charm! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/imdaman.gif.bc6c552e19aa4ad8c47461144f40eb1a.gif

i used one of these things VVVVVV

tasse_mesurer_measuring_cup_8oz_FK-ss.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.