My new radio 2009 Pioneer AVIC-Z110bt doesn’t have on/off switch

Participant count
  • Participant list

HandsomeSteve

CarAudio.com Newbie
Alabama
My new radio 2009 Pioneer AVIC-Z110bt doesn’t have on/off switch

Recently installed a new radio in my 05 chevy express 3500 van.

The radio needs a constant 12VDC GMs yellow wire an a switched 12VDC red wire.

Since my radio doesn’t have a on/off switch like the OEM radio I’m thinking I may have to splice a switch inbetween the switched 12VDC yellow. Will doing this effect anything other than the radio? thanks
AVIC tilted.jpg

thats just a fuse I want turn on/off the AVIC when I feel like thanks
No, it's fused lead to use from your cars fused accessory panel in case there wasn't one from the previous radio. It would turn you radio power on whenever you initiated the ignition. Your post is a bit vague in why there is no turn on/off option.

If you use a toggle switch on the main constant for the radio will do the trick, but you won't retain the settings each time you turn it off.

How about telling us whey you don't actually have the normal on/off/acc option?

Pioneer didn't put a on/off switch on the radio or I missed it. like there are times I want it off.

my orginal chevy radio had the on/off switch as did every after market radio I've ever owned an I've over a dozon. this on/off is always on the far left.thanks
no on off switch.jpg

There must be a soft screen switched on/off somewhere. In the manual it states:

Tolerable temperature range:
Power on ............................ +14 °F to +140 °F
Power off ............................ –4 °F to +176 °F

which tells me that you should be able to turn it off and on (and that sucker gets hot)

It may be that the off does not completely disengage the unit so while the screen is on, the unit is not actually on. There is some info in the manual about turning BT off/on, etc. I would google the model and turning unit on/off. Might be a Pio forum too wirth looking into as well.

You could simply hook up that fuse and a toggle switch like this.

Inline with the ACC or constant to the radio? If you cut power altogether, me thinks you'll lose your settings every time though.

Those are a little elaborate for this but they will work. They stick out a lot more than the others I linked. The ones that I linked only require you to drill hole, not cut a square out.

Last edited:
Those type switches are garbage if they are not all metal. Ive used several in past for fog lights. They broke very easily and the light is too bright while driving @ night. Regular rocker switch with low light amber worked for me and still working after 10 yrs

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

HandsomeSteve

CarAudio.com Newbie
HandsomeSteve
Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies