Navigation options

maylar
10+ year member

Electrical Weenie
Connecticut
I'm looking at a Kenwood Excelon head unit. It comes with a GPS antenna and the specs say navigation is optional (the Kenwood GPS module gets horrible reviews). It also says Navigation App Compatible - Google. What does that mean? Is Google maps on the HU or do I need to use a phone to use it?

Just to follow up here, Crutchfield tells me that these decks will access Google Maps from your phone, via Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. The GPS antenna us used to provide precise position location.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

How old are these head units? I've been running various touch screens for ages and most have failed in other ways before this became an issue.
Did you integrate the C60 between the OEM radio and OEM amp?
Set your amp for maximum unclipped performance. The drivers are rated to 500 watts so they should fine. 500 watts is the thermal limit and music...
It's a Volvo factory amp, so there's a custom wire harness between the head and amp.
Spokey there is people at DIYMA that will remote in for 20 or 25 bucks to tune it right. Well worth from the people i've talked to on it.

About this thread

maylar

10+ year member
Electrical Weenie
maylar
Connecticut
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date