need 5.25 comps for around 200-250$

Got a Kicker 600.4. Should be ~ 300w X 2 @ 4 ohm. I would let it go for about $150. Missing the shroud though. Brand new and never used it is missing the shroud though. Just a thought

i agree with subxero the type r comps, BUT im not sayin these are the only 1s even though i have them and they rock, try something like infinity/cdt and fuk i cant think of much more right now its almost time to go out to the clubs u know how it is....... hahahaha

ebay, ewwww, im not an ebay fan really, i like companies with their own websites,

this is alittle more expensive, but etronics is reputable

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?icatid=355&stk_code=alpspr136a&svbname=30

now i am going to be running a full alpine system soon enough so i have a 4 channel amp picked out to run the alpine 6x9's but hmm h/o lemme find an amp

this is an alpine amp, usually good to stick with the same brand if u can this peak of those speakers are 160 this amp is 80 watts a channel @ 4ohms

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=alpmrvt320&store=&catid=303

heres a site witha pic on it http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12399

if not that, heres a rockford fosgate one

http://www.etronics.com/product.asp?stk_code=roc301s&store=&catid=303

this one is 75 watts x 2 @4ohms thats your other cheaper alternative it also has less power. other ppl just double check about that alpine amp make sure it isnt too much power, although i believe it would be fine

I was looking at some 5.25's from Image Dynamics. I hear they make great speakers. I decided to go with some 6.5s instead after I was told, "there's only so much you can expect from a 5.25" speaker." I'm sure something from Image Dynamics would be excellent though =)!

polk in my eyes is no comparison to alpine. you are better off fitting what size is currently in your door, unless ur a competitor, and u want to do special things, the 5.25 wont have as much bass, but it shouldnt be that notiable. like i said go with what fits. i dont know much about image dynamics, but i havent heard any complaints. go out to a car audio store and listen to their different speakers, this is the best way to find what you like, then go home and order online.

A lack of midbass will actually be huge. I like my stereo to sound like a good home stereo. Without midbass in the front speakers all the bass will sound like it is behind you. I would fit the largest speakers possible in the front even if you have to make custom mounts. It will be worth the extra effort to get a better staged system.

I run a cdt comp set and I recommend them. thezeb.com

If getting a profile amp, get thezeb.com to pricematch ikesound.com. You could get a nice the CA440 for less then $70.

nobody around here sells alpine is the thing, we got like a best buy, circuit city, and a shop that sells JL, and another that sells eclipse.

i'd like to hear those speakers before i buy them is the only thing. im going to go listen to the eclipse today and find out how much

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.