Need A Design For 4 12in Kickers

John2005
10+ year member

FL
They are going in the back of a 99 Jeep Grand Cherokee, I have roughly 38width, 24depth, and 18height to work with. Looking for a box design similar to this

160.jpg

I would buy that box, but it is only 5/8th mdf and I personally don't trust that.

As for the prefab, always stay away if you can. If funds don't allow it, that is understandable. We really need which model Kickers (Comp, CompVR, Solo Classic, CompCVX) and how much RMS power you will have on them. Those factors will determine whether a 5/8 prefab would actually hold up. Again, as stated by others, you are much better off getting a design/build or building a box yourself from 3/4 birch or MDF. Also, the subs will perform much better in a ported box, assuming you have room to make a proper enclosure. A solid ported box for 2 subs would almost certainly out perform the 4 in that prefab.

It is 4 kicker comp 12's. I do not have enough room for a ported box and they will be hooked up to a crunch GP2500d at about half so around 600-800watts more than likely.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.