Need Amp Help!!

99transam

MS
I have a 750 watt Bazooka amp, and now it doesn't work, and I am getting a red light (instead of green). What exactly does this mean? I've checked everything and it is all hooked up, but I haven't checked my speaker wires inside of the box yet.

ANY HELP WILL BE APRECIATED!

It seems to be in protection mode, you may have the sub hooked up wrong and its giving the wrong ohm load, or the amp overheated and needs to cool down.

From the way youve worded it though, it sounds like it was working before, was it?

Heres a simple list of things to do......

1. Check inside the box.

2. Check your ground. (Even something simple like that can trigger it)

3. Check your fuses on your amp.

4. Check the fuse in your engine compartment.

6. Make sure your power wire wasn't accidentally cut into.

7. Back off the gain and re-try.

8. Make sure your +'s or hooked up to ur +'s and ur -'s r hooked up to your -'s. (If they are not thats a great way to screw up an amp)

9. If nothing works open the amp up and check for any unusaul burning smells or scorch marks.

Ok, the amp and sub work. (Just hooked it up in a friends ride) I'm still getting a red light on my amp when I hook it up. All of the wires look ok. Could it be my remote wire?

Run a temporary constant power to your remote on the amp, if it is not in protection then you know it is your remote. If it still is, go over every inch of your wiring and check for ANYTHING that could cause a problem.

Hope this helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.