Need help ASAP

awalbert88
10+ year member

Blame Canada
The alternator in my car is dead. Does anyone know of a place that sells good 110A+ alternators for an 89 Audi 100? MrAlternator.com doesn't have one. AutoHaus quoted me $585 for one, NAPA wants $386 (incl. $90 core charge), and the nearest junkyard that has one ($50 + core) is more than 50 miles away (and I can't find anyone to give me a ride out there until after 4PM, and they close at 5PM!)

I've already had to miss a day of work because of this, and I can't very well afford to lose another day. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Well, I'm waiting on a friend now to give me a ride. But, I'm not sure how long this alt will last, so I may end up having to get a new one anyway before long. I guess there's not much sense in dumping over $300 on a rebuilt 110A alt when I could as easily spend the money on a custom 200A one.

autozone? I bought mine for $90.00 on my Yukon. Pretty cheap I thought. I had no choice, but to change it in the parking lot //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.