need help on my Brahma!!!

Shaunly
10+ year member

--= Team Toxic Bass =--
I hoping to hit around 140s db with my 12in. brahma (more of possible). I have a JBL 1200.1 which is about 1400W rms. What box would i need to built to achive this? If anybody know, can you please give me the specs of the box. I really appreciated.

I cant give you the specs of the box but if you could do this we could help you out. First if this is only going to be an all out SPL setup in which case the ported box can be tuned high to your vehicles resonant frequency. But seriously if all your wanting is SPL and it wont be a daily driver setup then first you will have to find the resonant frequency of your vehicle. Then once you find it, give us the frequency so we can design you the biggest ported box possible using that frequency for tuning. Then you would easily hit 140 and maybe more with 1400 watts. But finding the resonant frequency wont be so easy unless you know someone with a mic and a good bass test cd.

Yeah. I hope you have a ton of extra money lying around though, you're going to be going through quite a few brahmas with 1400 watts and a huge, ported box.

(Am I bitter? Yeah.)

Yeah. I hope you have a ton of extra money lying around though, you're going to be going through quite a few brahmas with 1400 watts and a huge, ported box.
(Am I bitter? Yeah.)
why do you say this? Will 1400W fry my brahma? Also, is there any other way to make this loud as possible without going through all that resonant frequency thing. I'm not competing or anything, just want it to be loud as possible for daily driving. It's going to be in a 03 civic coupe.

Don't worry you're brahma 12 won't get as loud as you want it. Don't give it over 1000 watts. You WILL blow it. I blew mine in 5 seconds flat with 1100d. The suspension can't handle that many watts. Try a ported enclosure and see how you like it. 140dbs is hard to hit with one 12. Maybe get another brahma 12 so you could use your full amp.

Don't worry you're brahma 12 won't get as loud as you want it. Don't give it over 1000 watts. You WILL blow it. I blew mine in 5 seconds flat with 1100d. The suspension can't handle that many watts. Try a ported enclosure and see how you like it. 140dbs is hard to hit with one 12. Maybe get another brahma 12 so you could use your full amp.
Brahma's rated at 1600 RMS. I have talked with many people running it that or more daily. I would assume it to be user error or a bad sub, not over powering.

If your looking for a loud daily driver don't worry about your SPL score necessarily. Put the Brahma in a larger prted box tuned around 28-32 hz and give it around 1k power. It will be LOUD! and sound great.

140dbs is hard to hit with one 12. .
Not that hard my man. I hit 140dB with 1 12" XXX and 1 35.1 in a 3.2cube box @ 32hz. gonna see what i can do with 1 12" and a 5 cube box at around 40ish.

I'm thinkin..... 141-143ish maybe

Brahma's rated at 1600 RMS. I have talked with many people running it that or more daily. I would assume it to be user error or a bad sub, not over powering.
If your looking for a loud daily driver don't worry about your SPL score necessarily. Put the Brahma in a larger prted box tuned around 28-32 hz and give it around 1k power. It will be LOUD! and sound great.
You're talking to two people experienced with Brahma's. Me and Lombardo know from experience, we're not spewing bs. What would you consider user error? OVERPOWERING IT?

Why does the company you stand by and use overrate their subs by 600w's?

I did a 149.6 w/ 1 inhuman 12"(audiocontrol) on Sunday with a 4 door legend that i cant fold the rear seats down.

I did a 146.6 w/ 2 inhuman 12"s(")the week before.

Its all in the install

I too used to have a Brahma 15" in a sealed enclosure. It was powered by the Revolution 1600.1 that they had out for a lil while. While I was among the first of the Brahma purchasers, I noticed in barely two weeks that my dustcap cracked--this was with "only" ~900 watts rms.

I've learned to watch my gains more carefully, and am going back to a Brahma as soon as I get my hands on one again. They treated me very well over at Adire.

ravi

the brahma will handle 1kw+ THERMALLY. Mechanically speaking, it's a whole new ballgame. Mechanical power handling is sensitive to enclosure size. You don't want to build a super big box, unless you plan to burp at the tuning freq only, to help minimize excursion. But knowning you, you'll want some all around music SPL too. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I'm almost done building my box for the brahma. It's a 2cu.ft ported box tune @ 27hz. I'm thinking of building two more boxes for it, a 0.9 sealed and a SPL box (still looking).

Adire audio rated the brahma @ 1600W rms thermally right? So what does the other companies rated their subs at. Like an IDmax is rated @ 1000W rms is that thermal, if not than does that mean the ID handle more power than the brahma? How the brahma is built and how it looks, it sure look like it can handle over 1000 w. So how many watts RMS from an amplifier can the brahma really handle.

hey InhumanAcura, what is the specs of your box that you had hitting 149db with your 1 12in. inhuman. I want a box that can make my brahma do around that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.