need help w/remote turn on

antares
10+ year member

boston
Hi Does anyone know if there is any other way to turn on my amp other than using the 12v acc.I dont want to have my amp on all the time even when my hu is off.But if that is the only way i might have too.any info would be helpful

Thanks

If you are running an aftermarket head unit it should have a turn on lead for that exact purpose. It will usually be a blue wire with a white stripe. There might be a blue wire as well. That is usually for a power antenna and only works when the tuner section is being used on the HU. Many times if there is only one output it is a constant out put for whenever the HU is on that is used for amps and antenna. If you have a factory HU and don't have a power antenna or the capability for one then you are likely stuck. You can wire a switch into the lead and manually turn the amp(s) on and off but that's about it without spending a decent amount of cash for a linelevel convertor with a signal sensor and remote output.

I just found a lineoutput converter that has a remote lead but but was wondering about the wiring.Does this wire to the speaker wires for the sensor.the website doesnt say any thing about this.

How are you currently getting a signal to your amp from the factory HU? If you are using a line-level convertor already, simply replace the old with the new. If you are using high-level inputs to your amp, tap into those to get the input for your LLC. If you have a line level output from your HU, it will most certainly have a remote turn on of some sort.

The LLC with remote detects signal on the speaker inputs and provides power to the remote lead when a signal is present.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.