Need help with amp.

Participant count
  • Participant list

cooldudejz
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
N.H.
ok i have a pg xenon 600.1 and a 12' mag. for some reason this amp is not working right, it is barley moving the mag and it barely moved my treo ss. what could be causing this, its like it is only sending the sub like 100 watts. my gains are set right along with my other setting. would a weak battery be the cause, because i think i may be in need of a new one. also its not the sub or box because i hooked an orion up to the mag and the thing wanged. thanx

You say the gains are adjusted correctly. Are you using a meter to set them? If so, what voltage are you reading on the outputs. If you haven't checked with a meter you should. That way you aren't guessing about what it is sending to the sub.

my dmm is reading 24.5 which is just about perfect. what crossover setting could be miss-set, that my 600watt amp is barely moving my mag, which i heard can get loud off of 600 watts.

If you by chance have it set to HP rather than LP your subs would have little output. Or if the crossover freq is set too high it would cause issues.

the pg does not have a high pass, only a low pass cossover. my low pass is set around 80hz. and the subsonic is set to the fs of the sub, its in a sealed enclusure

it is dual 2 ohm, i have it wired to 1 ohm, but it doesnt matter because it puts out its rated power from 1-4 ohms. any other help. could a bad ground be causing this lack of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.