need help with factory audio processor!!

Clifff150
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Texas
Hey guys I'm interested in getting a factory audio processor for my 2009 f150. I have a pac part now that plugs into the radio and gives me 2 pairs of rcas for 2 amps. My question is, how do you hook up the audio processor? Does it have amp outputs so basically I wont need my pac part anymore? I'm just confused on it.

most audio processors have high level inputs - one for each factory speaker, and then provides low level outputs (RCA) to feed the amps. depending on the make/model they can sum channels, remove factory EQ, provide tuning options, etc.

what you have can feed a processor as well but you are right that it may not be necessary.

in order to determine where you should go with this system, we need to know more about your plans, expectations, budget, etc. what do you want to be able to control/adjust? where do you want to be able to make the adjustments (i.e. from the driver's seat or at the amp location?)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.