need help with power

ckarls2000
10+ year member

i have a bx1500d and 2 L7 12" with 750w going to each at 1ohm.

I have a stock 80amp alternator and stock battery.

When the music is up loud about halfway, the cd player skips, and says hello and then starts playing the music, it mostly happens when the car is at idle. None of the lights dim and nothing else is affected but the deck shuts off for a second then turns back on and keeps playing.

Im not sure if i should get a new battery (yellow top) or a cap and if so how many farad.

Upgrading the alternator is also out of the question not in my budget.

The car is a mazda 626 93'.

Thanks

It sounds like you may have a loose connection on the headunit..power or accessory. Also, the vibrations from the speakers may cause your headunit to skip. Is it installed correctly? All mounting screws in place?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.