need help with upgrading jl setup

so my first system was/is a hd 750/1 with a 12w6v2 in the jl h.o. enclosure. i'm now realizing that i would like to have more spl in my trunk and focus on my sq by investing in some components for the front.

my main question is if there are any recommendations of high-end spl woofers that i could run off of my hd 750/1, or maybe even with a second hd 750/1 with each one being wired to each coil on the new sub. i'm looking for serious spl, but looking to spend about 600 dollars on woofer(s).

space is no problem and if anyone has suggestions of just selling everything i have now and starting fresh then please do let me know ^.^

thanks a lot and i look forward to the responses (been driving myself a bit crazy looking online everywhere trying to decide...there are just too many choices that i haven't heard in person and i have no way of hearing in person)

money outside of woofers is also really no problem as i could sell what i have now ( the hd 750/1 and the 12w6 in the h.o. box) and i have money to blow otherwise. guess i should've just said i'm willing to spend about 1200 all together =P

I'm not really an SPL guy but that budgets pretty decent. I'd probably get rid of the sub and the amp and start over. A pair of w6's will get pretty loud and sound good doing it but not exactly an SPL setup. If you do get rid of them, put them in the classifieds here. I love w6's and a lot of people like them on here as well. And the HD amps from JL are nice as well. You'd probably get a decent offer on here as opposed to screwing around with Craigslist idiots. Lol!

These guys are also going to want to know what car it's going in and how much room you have. A lot of questions are coming your way...

yep, start with photos of your installation. trunk systems can be transformed by simply changing orientation and integration in the vehicle. you are losing a lot of bass to the trunk.

start with front components and an amp for them. The JL C5 components can sound good if you install them well, see how I did their install:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/567468-kha-does-spl-build-1996-astro-van.html

or this system install

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/516096-2005-scion-tc-sq-hertz-audison-pioneer-build-log.html

just got back from work again (retarded schedule, i know) and only 2 replies on this thread?!?!? i expected so much more flaming and i'm disappointed...i'll be posting pics tomorrow night(ish), but just so everyone knows, it is in a 95 accord ex in the trunk (VERY basic setup) with the sub facing towards the back of the car in the h.o. box and the amp bolted onto the back of my back seats.

looking forwards to criticism and suggestions for my upgrade in spl!!!

I would start with keeping what you have but trying a better box. Those JL boxes offer nothing more then a standerd prefab. You might be able to get the W6 where you want it and still have great response.

how is the jl high output box a standard prefab? it's muchhhhh different than any prefab box i've ever seen O.O also what is meant by "trunks are terrible"? lol sorry, but i completely don't understand that as i would think my subs have to go in the trunk

atm yeah i'm just running that 12w6 in the enclosure i posted with 1 amp. i'm not against the idea of running 2 subs. my goal is to get as much spl as i can with about 600 dollars and selling what i have now for more money to spend...not sure if i should keep the amp or just get rid of everything i have and start fresh. looking for suggestions

Get @Buck ; to design you a new box.

---------- Post added at 05:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 AM ----------

Then either build it yourself or get someone else to build it. It should help out with output

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.