need new woofers

Sone
10+ year member

san diego
alright, im just not happy with my setup anymore...

currently running

500/1 jl amp

2 w6v2 10" woofers

300/4 jl amp

177a spx alpine comps 6.5

the car sounds beutiful and I do not bump it that much, but when I do, it doesn't get that loud or sound that great anymore....

Im looking for a much louder system that I can feel the rips of the woofers.

im looking into the good old brutus/12"xxx woofer combination

this will go in the back of a firebird...

you guys think the xxx will sound just as good as 2 jl subs while getting louder, or will it be almost equal

i know 1500>500 watts lol...but want to get a idea of a db increase

if I got the room I might port the box, but until than, it might be sealed... the jls are sealed... thanks on any imput you might add or other woofers you might recommend with other amps u might recommend.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????? explain to me how it would sound better w
he's not suggesting it the magd2 will sound better than the XXX...duh. They are 2 separate statements. He saying the XXX will sond better than current setup, then he sed cough* magnumd2 *cough...like suggesting to also check out the magnum d2. peace

NG

XXX WILL sound better and get louder than the two you have now. otherwise search the forum and you are sure to find the right setup for you. *cough* magnum d2 *cough*
Both solid choices.

Better make sure you have enough room for the XXX before you buy one. Even sealed, you would need a good size box for it. The Magnum would be an easy install though.

he's not suggesting it the magd2 will sound better than the XXX...duh. They are 2 separate statements. He saying the XXX will sond better than current setup, then he sed cough* magnumd2 *cough...like suggesting to also check out the magnum d2. peace
NG
oh........... b/c u know i was about to show my //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.