Need Some Advise on What Amp To Keep

gwmcroy316

So, first off, this might sound like blasphemy here, but Im a home audio guy, and know little about car audio other than what naturally translates from home audio. Also, I run a secondhand electronics store, so I get alot of amps, but still other than value, dont have the knowledge I should have.

That said, I have 2 Kicker CVR's wired at 2 ohms in my car. I have a bass inferno (made by DB I believe) 2000w Mono amp. Seems to push them to their absolute max, so Im wondering if anyone knows what this amp is REALLY pushing. It uses 2 25amp fuses so its obviously not pushing anywhere near 2000w, but I knew that, and thats fine since if it was it would certainly blow those CVR's. Anyway, I dont want to keep a very expensive system, as home audio is really my passion, but I still like to have a decent system in the car (have one in my truck that needs to be changed out as well, thats for another day) Ive sold a JL 900/5 HD I wish id keep for the truck, as well as a JL j2 1000.1 that would probably be perfect for this.

Unfortunately at the moment the only amps that im willing to use that I currently have are the bass inferno thats currently in use, a MTX Pro1502 - Rockford Fosgate 201s, a memphis PBC400, or a Memphis 16pr1500. There all older amps that I dont mind using. I wanted to know what the real rms rating is on these units if anyone knows, as well as what amp would you guys use and why? Thanks for the info, im sure this forum has better advice than any reviews.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.