Need some help with a friends system!!!

Ok he has

2 "Sony Xplod P5" 12" in a ported enclosure

"Power Acousik Gothic 1600watt amp" putting 310watts rms into each at (4ohm)

He seems to get a pulse noise through the subs. We turn on the deck then the amp light clicks on, then we put a cd in and all is good but then when we change the cd and it loads we get a pulse through the subs. I have tried everything! What could be causing this??? I'm getting sick of helping him!!

We tried my SPL 1600watt amp I have lying around and it didn't do it. Same exact company just has different looks. They have everything the same just the look and company name are different. It did not do it at all!

Ok he has
2 "Sony Xplod P5" 12" in a ported enclosure

"Power Acousik Gothic 1600watt amp" putting 310watts rms into each at (4ohm)

He seems to get a pulse noise through the subs. We turn on the deck then the amp light clicks on, then we put a cd in and all is good but then when we change the cd and it loads we get a pulse through the subs. I have tried everything! What could be causing this??? I'm getting sick of helping him!!

We tried my SPL 1600watt amp I have lying around and it didn't do it. Same exact company just has different looks. They have everything the same just the look and company name are different. It did not do it at all!

BUMP!!!!!!

If you replaced the amp and the problem went away I think you have your answer.
The amp works perfectly fine. Just has that pulse when we start it up. Would having 16 gauge speaker wire on the inside of the box and 12 gauge on the outside do it?

The amp works perfectly fine. Just has that pulse when we start it up. Would having 16 gauge speaker wire on the inside of the box and 12 gauge on the outside do it?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

def check the ground....what r u grounding it to now...

u want to make sure that the ground is completly clean of all paint n stuff....make it nice n tight

Do you get the pulsing sound when you change tracks on the head unit too? I know I had this problem and a ground loop isolator did the trick. To my knowledge, when you do a mechanical operation in the cd player, the voltage level of the player's ground changes slightly. When this changes, the ground on the rca changes at the head unit too, and you end up getting a voltage difference between the grounds at both ends of the rca's, causing current flow and a pulsing noise which a ground loop isolator can clean up. It's just a thought anyway.

Any luck yet?
Na not when we change tracks but when we change cds it will occasionly do it. I'm thinking its his head unit! I think its starting to go.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/scared.gif.f134e57c6c93ccd0f15aa5ac32c7d4a0.gif

Let me try sandpaper and clean the ground. I'm going to put a 3/4 size washer under the ground and see how it does.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.