Neo Type Rs

look haze , my car is already orange so just give me your hertz and get the alpines. Its a win for both of us,lol.Besides I cant afford new speakers right now cause I'm not balli'n like u are. I gotta work 6 days a week just to try and stay on top of my bills and buy audio stuff with my tax checks after fighting with the wife.Anyways you should just get them .

Its not that easy brother.. I still got some saving since my last 7 month 7 days a week 12 hours a day deployment on a big *** boat floating in the hot *** gulf.

BUT both splits and coax would be about what the hertz ran new

Well It's really up to u and what u think of them, but let me know if you wanna sell those hertz for a descent price. I might be interested if the price is right and I have the money at the time. Otherwise I may get the type -r at tax time this year.

Anybody running them.. I really like the look but are they worth a slight drop in the tweeter SQ I would have.
Can you explain the tweeter comment? Have Type-R tweeters gotten worse since the last year? I have the last year non-neo 6-1/2 components. I think I paid for them about $140-$150 and for the money they're outstanding IMO. Tweeters are fairly smooth and non-fatiguing. Big heavy magnets on the mids, but mounting depth is only 6-1/2. Free adapter plates for 6x8 holes. Bass is pretty good for 6.5 mids but I heard there are speaker with even better bass (other brands).

Its hard to compare tweeters to my Hertz. They are some of the best I have heard. The Neos had great mid bass, but it could of been the set up. The set up I got to demo was on 65 watts and on the bottom of the display, that could of affected the highs also.. I have a freind that might pick them up and run a 400 watt pdx so I will update if I get to hear them

see i heard these head level with a bigger amp pushing them and untill i turned up the treble and bass alittle i wasnt that impressed with a flat eq. But after a few tweaks on the head unit i cranked them up and just sat back and enjoyed! The midbass is twice as good as before and the tweets sounded great. I heard these against the old ones cause they still had a set hooked up right next to them and the difference was night and day. I also heard these up against some ba's, jl's and kickers and they beat them all out. I still have yet went to hear the hertz to compare, but i will post my results and comparison when i do.

I feel too that Alpine Type R respond well to EQ. However, bass eq is not of much help if you would like to boost your midbass WITHOUT affecting subwoofer performance (e.g. making it too boomy or sloppy in upper bass). A lot of car sub really do not like much playing content above 60-70Hz or so.

Um, the magnet is small because its neo. The neo mags have several advantages over regular ones and that is why so many manufacturers are switching to them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.