New Box, Thicker Wood, Tuned Lower. Audible Difference?

WarDrumz
10+ year member

Hebrew Israelite
I was thinking about getting the GnomeAudio guy to build me a custom box for my Crystal sub.

My box now is 30w X 17h X 18d, .75"MDF, tuned to 35hz.

Every time I see manufacturer recommended tuning frequencies they are almost always the sub's Fs, or JUST above the sub's Fs. If I have that done for my new box the tuning frequency will need to be about 25hz, bcuz my sub's Fs is 23.5Hz.

So.....with a custom built box with 1" wood, and tuned 10hz lower (25hz), will I notice any audible differences? Besides less SPL, bcuz I think that's a given due to the low tuning.

Do you think it will sound better?

And do you think it will still be able to get decently loud with that low of a tuning frequency?

The lowered SPL might be a good thing, bcuz it is just outrageous as far as output. But yet it still sounds good.

Please, help a brotha out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.