Newbee needs a little help

ChaseinBass

CarAudio.com Veteran
Calif
I have a small system in my truck JVC hu and Kicker 500.1 mono to a single 4 ohm 10" Kicker sub down to 2 ohm and was running two sets of polk audio 2 ways off my hu and just got a Kicker 400.4 amp to use on them till i upgrade to seprate speakers but anyway i have put it in and have one question concerning rca inputs on the amp it has two sets one says amp1 other says amp2? Is this because a 4 channel amp is just basically 2 2 channel amps ? I hooked it up plugged into amp one and all speakers are working as far as using the ballance and fader control they are anyway or am i just using half the amp and by hooking up the other set of rca s get full power ? My hu has 2 sets of rca s and a set for sub .

It's technically two different channels. 1 set of RCA's covers the front speakers, Channel 1/2, while the other set covers the rear speakers, Channel 3/4. The third, or the first set of RCA's on that amp, is so you can hook another amp to that amp.

Use a splitter for the 4 channel amp. But the fader won't work on the speakers so you'll need to set the gains on the rear speakers lower than the front

I am confused as usual ha ha but i only have one set of rcas plugged into hu and into amp1 ? so how am i getting audio in my front and rear speaker?

And also Thank you mylows10 but what is the splitter you mentioned ? or is it simply a rca y cable plugged one into each amp input ?

two channels are each controlled separately so you need a set of rcas for both amp1 and amp2 if your using all 4 channels of the this amp. You could use the splitter as mentioned or run 2 sets from your head unit, one being for front chs and the other set for the rear chs in order to keep fader balance controls

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.