Newbie bass question 6x9" or 10/12" for 96 civic 2dr EX

darrellred
10+ year member

Hello,

I have a Fosgate 600A4, which provides 75W@4ohm or 150W@2ohm or 300W bridged at 2ohms per channel. I need bass for the back of a 1996 Honda Civic 2DR EX. Would it be better to go with 6x9" JL or some other 6x9 for a little bass or would a 10 or 12" in a ported box in the trunk be better. I am not after massive db levels just want good tight bass to go with my CDT-CL61a's up front. Also on a tight budget.

Thanks for all the help / advise.

If you are using the first 2 channels for your CDTs, I would bridge the other two and run them to a single down firing 12 in the trunk. With ED 12KX you could run a 1.0cf sealed enclosure and get tight clean bass response. With those 6's up front you really only need something to handle the 60 hz range and below, so a sealed 12 would work nice. You won't get crazy SPL, but the Q would be nice on that system.

^ that's my [future] system...kind of!

now: only pioneer 6x9s on rear deck

after: cdt hd-62ef in front, eD e12kx in trunk (usx4065 amp)

I would not recomend downfiring in a civic. The spare tire well will cause problems, and you will most likely loose good bass response. Just go normal and have it face the back of the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.