Newer Alpines sound better than the one's they are replacing

Taycron
10+ year member

First off, let me say that they still haven't gotten rid of that **** "This thread is worthless without pics" smiley.. Hey wait, I can see what I'm writing now... never mind.. That was weird.. Someone is on the ball.

Anyways, I've been going to Tweeter for the last 2 months waiting for the CDA-9831 to come in. I have been comparing the new Alpine's (like the 9827, 9820XM) with the old (like the 9807, 9811) and I find that the new Alpines sound better (I've only compared the tuners). They no longer have a hollow sound that bothered me about the old ones. I especially had a problem with the vocals on the old Alpines. I'm no audiophile but I definitely think the newer Alpines sound better. Anyone else compare them?

Also, the newer Alpines look much sweeter.

You guys are more than welcome to flame me. I can take it..

I don't know about alpines from last year vs this year's decks. Over the past couple of years, I have seen more than a few posts from people who "upgraded" to a newer alpine, and found their older alpine sounded better so they went back. Everybody's ears are different anyway.

I admit that I'm not an audiophile but I swear I can hear an audible difference between the newer models and the one's they are replacing. Even the guys at Tweeter hear the difference. I think they sound cleaner with more detail. Alpine claims that the newer models are all digital ( I assume this means that the older one's were not). Could I be wrong? Hell Yeah.. LOL! but I doubt it..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.