Noob Question. Quick/Easy

Goatfarmer03

Hamburger Helpme
Just a quick stupid question that popped in my head while i was in class. If i have a Head Unit that pumps out 50Wx4 to my 4 speakers. And i get an amp that pushes 100Wx4. How much would be going to my speakers. 150w per, or 100w. And if it is 100 (which im pretty sure it is from reading posts) What the hell happens to the 50w coming out of the HU? Does it die or what? Sorry, Just something that popped in my head. Im sure any Of you could answer.

Thanks

Goat

if ur speakers are not hooked up to ur hu they are not gonna draw any power from it... so the 50w (more like 17rms) is not being produced... call it lost if you may

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.