ohms question

Normally a 4 ohm is the magic number for a sub. With amps the lower the ohm normally the higher the watts.

EX:

JBL BP1200.1

6oo watts RMS @ 4 OHM

1200 watts RMS @ 2 OHM

With DVC a single 4 ohm sub can be wired down to 2 ohm with wiring parrelel but it can also be wired to 8 ohm by wiring it in series. The ohm all depends on how much power you want going to your sub via and amp.\

The difference is that a 8 ohm sub will not allow as much power as an 1 ohm is. Like I said earlyer it all depends on how much power you want going to your sub that normally deturmens what ohm sub you want.

Hope this helps...

Jon

Normally a 4 ohm is the magic number for a sub. With amps the lower the ohm normally the higher the watts.
EX:

JBL BP1200.1

6oo watts RMS @ 4 OHM

1200 watts RMS @ 2 OHM

With DVC a single 4 ohm sub can be wired down to 2 ohm with wiring parrelel but it can also be wired to 8 ohm by wiring it in series. The ohm all depends on how much power you want going to your sub via and amp.\

The difference is that a 8 ohm sub will not allow as much power as an 1 ohm is. Like I said earlyer it all depends on how much power you want going to your sub that normally deturmens what ohm sub you want.

Hope this helps...

Jon
Very close. Only thing I would change is that the Ohm is just a measure of electrical resistance, hence the reason you can get more power out of an amp with a lower Ohm load( less resistance). But an 8ohm sub can get just as much power as a 2 ohm sub can, just not from the same amp usually.

well the reason i wanted to go 1 ohm is because of my amp is 1200w @ 1 ohm mono and i was going to use that to go to a 15" magnum d2. so since the magnum is dual 2 ohm voice coils couldint i run it at 1 ohm to get 1200 watts to it

well the reason i wanted to go 1 ohm is because of my amp is 1200w @ 1 ohm mono and i was going to use that to go to a 15" magnum d2. so since the magnum is dual 2 ohm voice coils couldint i run it at 1 ohm to get 1200 watts to it
Yep, wouldn't make sense to do it any other way.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.