Ok guys need some help here. New Sub setup.

80_Cutlass_mn
10+ year member

What needs to be here?
Anderson,Al
Ok ive had my current sub and sub amp for nearly 2 years and ive decided its time for something new. Im looking for something that has alot of SPL with a good mix of SQ mixed in, I mostly listen to rap and I know that SQ isnt the best thing to worry about with it but still I want to be able to have it when I need it.

Ok heres the deal, im wanting something cheap, I mean bare mininum cheap. Ive already got the sub amp figured out and im gonna more than likely go with a Tsunami GXA1000D off of ebay for 140. Ok thats got the amp part taken care of, now comes the real shocker, im looking for a sub that will knock my socks off but it cant be over 150 dollars if I plan on gettin a pair of them or over 200 if its going to be a great single sub setup. Im looking for 12's preferably because im gonna have to eventually make a box to fit into the trunk hole of a 95 camaro before too long. Im more than likely going to run sealed but I may do ported if I can squeeze the space, and I can most likely go ported of its a single sub setup.

So far I was looking at a some Adire Audio shivas, I could only for the time being afford one of them but in later on I could get a second one. I dont know what kind of box these things like but im sure I could find out later on.

The amp im getting is supposed to do 500 @ 4 ohms, 750@ 2 ohms, and 1000@ 1 ohm. Im not really sure on the exact specs of this amp because I havent taken the time to look it up and I dont know because all the ebay add says is 1000 @ 1 ohm, but ive heard the other figures on here if im not too mistaken.

So C'mon guys I know you can help me figure something out, since ive recently gotten a dinky little job working on automatic transmissions and im making 50 bux a week tightening and loosening nuts and bolts, that along with 200 from my dad every month, that gives me about 300 a month to play with if I really stretch it.

Lol ya I could go with 4's but I dont really want 8's. I would really like a good single 12 or a pair of 12's just depends on what would be better. And plus ive just expanded my payment options my setting up a paypal account. Now if I could only find my dam* checkbook then I could verify it. Argh lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif .

Hmm guess no one is going to help me. Fine I know when im not wanted. Ill just leave and let you nice people thrive in your own little world where im not invited. Its ok I can take a hint //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/bawling.gif.6287aa5d1d447c8af063fc9466e822ef.gif .

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

get a RE 12sx...port it and tune it low...like 28hz. They aren't up to SQ quality like the XXX or so...BUT it'll sound great with 1000watts in a ported box tuned that low. Peace

NG

Alright thanx. Does anyone have a price for these SX's? I cant go to their website and look at anything because it doesnt work to well with a 26.4 dial-up connection.

I have not heard Ultimate's subs but I had a set of their components before and I was not to impressed. What about an ED12K? RE also has their RE line and SE lines you might want to look at.

Good Luck

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.