Opinion on lanzar max st

ppc
10+ year member

Iowa
I'm about to pick up two 12" max st lanzars for 100 bucks in a box. I don't know much about lanzar subs but I know they make awesome opti drive amps. Are these the mid range subs, low range, or middle of the road? I heard them and they sound all right but they were on a shitty crunch amp so I don't know what kind of punishment they can take. I've also seen some square ones around town - any opinions?

I'm about to pick up two 12" max st lanzars for 100 bucks in a box. I don't know much about lanzar subs but I know they make awesome opti drive amps. Are these the mid range subs, low range, or middle of the road? I heard them and they sound all right but they were on a shitty crunch amp so I don't know what kind of punishment they can take. I've also seen some square ones around town - any opinions?

It's a decient sub...the price is right if you on a tight budget .

They get very loud off not much power.

Don't expect them to hold a lot of juice, tho.

I ordered a pair of them to replace my two blown 12" L5's, because lanzar published the specs for their 15" heritage subwoofer as the specs for the square mx 12's, and boy was i suprised when they popped too....... I think the published specs were 1000 rms/ 2000 max, but the real specs were 500 rms/ 1000 max

I was out of the system game for a while after that, so frustrating.

But ya, as long as you have the CORRECT specs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif You'll be happy for an entry-level speaker.

Well I bought them and they were actually the 15" dual 4 ohm st's and jesus christ these things are LOUD. I'm not exactly sure how large the box is but I think they are supposed to take like 4.42 sealed per sub and I am thinking that's what I have for two of them in one box. I ran the subs in series in the box then paralell to the amp for a 4 ohm load. I cranked it up fairly loud and let loose 50 hertz on it and I can't stress how loud they are. I'd really like to get it metered just to see.

Yeah they are still on that shitty crunch "700 watt" amp. I was thinking about getting a 1200 watt viper/dei amp but I really think this is good enough. Guess we will see when it starts getting hotter outside, maybe that class d will start looking better.

haha I will take some but man, the whole trunk is completely full of nothing but a speaker box for the most part. If anyone can manage to get the box out of the trunk while I am sleeping, they earned it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.