Optima Question

Puggsley456
10+ year member

Who said you could talk?
My work just started carying optima batteries and I was just wondering if an upgrade from a stock battery to a red top optima is worth the money?

I can only fit a red top into my car because of the placement of the battery(under washer fluid resevoir).

On optimas website they say to go with a yellow top but I cant fit one of those in my car. Will I notice a difference?

the difference between them is the yellow is a deep cycle, so unless you plan on playing the stereo a lot when the car is not running you will be fine with a red top.

Thanks for all the input! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wave.gif.002382ce7d7c19757ab945cc69819de1.gif

I am on my 4th alternator and 3rd battery in 3 years so I finally upgraded my alternator to 140amps and I am putting in A 1 farad cap. But was really wondering if you guys think changing to an optima is really worth the extra money? Will I notice any real significant difference in sound? Or is it just more durable?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.