Optimum place for tweeters?

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
Is there an optimum place for tweeters or is this something that is more personal preference? I have a Honda Accord and I'm not sure where to place them. I was thinking along side the top of the door right in front of door handle. Any ideas or suggestions?

It's different with every car/install/comp set and a lot of it is preference. The best way to decide is to install the mids and run a long wire to the tweets. Use blu-tac to temporarily position the tweets in various locations and at different angles and decide what sounds best to you. Mounting them near the mid generally makes for a better transition between the two drivers. Mounting the tweeter up high in the door can raise the soundstage but it tends to shift with frequency.

Well I believe the MB Quart RCE 216s can be mounted either as a coaxial or as separate components. Is it definitely gonna sound better as separate components? I like the idea of trying them in different places before mounting them. Sometimes I measure once and cut twice so bear with me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.