Outgrowing Your System?

sungwei
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
lkj
Seems like this car audio stuff is addicting. People seem to upgrade their car audio gear quite often for bigger more powerful stuff. I think the setup I'm getting will be plenty for a while and I don't think I will want more. But what do you guys think? How long did it take you before you started upgrading your equipment? Why weren't you satisfied? How much is enough or is it ever enough? Personally I can't see myself going for 2000+ Watt systems and the like. I'm more of a sound quality person as oppose to high output. I'm wondering if my ears will be trained and get used to high quality and get hungry for more. How did your systems grow and why?

it will be good for a while. then u 'll wanter more.

like since u r sq, i dont know what spks u runnin, but maybe u hear some better spks, n u will want those.

it's an ongoing never ending addiction.

I can agree it's an addiction, but if you're an sqholic.. it's not necessarily a bad addiction (except on your wallet). I love getting goosebumps when an install is finished, and it sounds better than anything you've heard. I'll probably keep paying for that satisfaction in the future. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

"Grasshopper, you must first walk the rice paper before you can walk the path"

Grasshopper the road to a thousand speakers starts with the first sub.

I'll be running MB Quart RCE 216 components. From what I hear they're pretty good. I hope I don't become seriously addicted to wanting better stuff cause I'm already addicted to lots of other interests as it is. Chances are though I will.

Oh well it's better than being hooked on crack right?

it will be good for a while. then u 'll wanter more.
like since u r sq, i dont know what spks u runnin, but maybe u hear some better spks, n u will want those.

do you have some disorder, where if you write a word at its proper length, you feel deep harsh pains?

HEY........you don't know that !! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif I can quite anytime I want....yeah...yeah....anytime I want.....I ain't hooked. I'm just havin fun...right guys....anyone got a $10 speaker I can get off 'em til payday. I ain't hooked though...I just need a little sumthin'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/pissed.gif.9f665f96bc89e98e708dabd4580bb591.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

sungwei

I'll be running MB Quart RCE 216 components. From what I hear they're pretty good. I hope I don't become seriously addicted to wanting better stuff cause I'm already addicted to lots of other interests as it is. Chances are though I will.

Oh well it's better than being hooked on crack right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crack is cheaper lol

Yeah, finally a little over two years after i began...i stopped. I looked at where i started...and it was embarassing. I know look at what i have...and pretty much it's my dream system...great, well rounded, and CAN be sickeningly loud. BUT, now i'm trying to get a job at the best local shop around here...looking into eclipse HU's...wanting get an 8043 really bad, so it might start again. peace

NG

Outgrowing = hearing damage...

keep that in mind. Hearing damage is something you dont want, and when you notice it, its too late and irreversible.

Outgrowing = hearing damage...keep that in mind. Hearing damage is something you dont want, and when you notice it, its too late and irreversible.
Very true. That's why I'm shooting for quality as oppose to volume. But sometimes when things sound so nice and clear you tend to play them louder just because it sounds so good. I've noticed with clean sounding systems you may be listening at a very high volume but don't really notice till the music is off because the sound is so clear you don't realize how loud it really is. I'll remember you said that and hopefully have the willpower to resist turning up the volume all the time.

do you have some disorder, where if you write a word at its proper length, you feel deep harsh pains?
young kids, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smash.gif.499e08a4a35ffaf54f4c8194fb8fe8ed.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

ppl use abbreviations to save time when typing, and when u are in a rush.

HEY........you don't know that !! I can quite anytime I want....yeah...yeah....anytime I want.....I ain't hooked. I'm just havin fun...right guys....anyone got a $10 speaker I can get off 'em til payday. I ain't hooked though...I just need a little sumthin'. issed:
u got problems man. u r just like me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif j/k

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.