PDX 2 Ohm vs. 4 Ohms

Participant count
  • Participant list

RuinedEarth
10+ year member

I have a PDX 1.1000 and an ID MAX sub that can handle 1000 Watts RMS. I got it from a friend who had the Dual 4 Ohm voice coils, so I can only wire it to 2 ohms with my amp. I have heard that some people have had a problem with the PDX amps at 2 ohms even though they are rated for either 2 or 4 ohms. Should I spend some extra money to swap it with someone who has the 2 ohm DVC version? Does anyone have these amps and/or worked with them before? I have been running mine at 4 ohms with my old subs for over a year and a half now and they have been good, but never ran them at 2 ohms. Any help is appreciated.

I thought it would be, just didn't want to do any lasting damage to the amp w/ overheating or what-not. Don't have the money for a new one of those, and i love the one i have. Thanks guys

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.