Phoenix Gold Titanium 12" Sub?

mav2002
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Anyone have the new PG Titanium 12" Sub? I didnt know that PG was known for making subs. I was going to get a IDQ 12", but my installer is trying to convince me to go with a PG Titanium 12". Thoughts?

I will have a custom sealed enclosure in the trunk with a PG Tantrum 500.2 driving the sub.

Pheonix Gold makes awesome subs. I had the bottom of the line QX series and they were stupid great. I could not believe the sound quality I was getting and the SPL was pretty awesome as well. Really good subs, would recommend them to anyone. Small box too.

Originally posted by jimmyslide Pheonix Gold makes awesome subs. I had the bottom of the line QX series and they were stupid great. I could not believe the sound quality I was getting and the SPL was pretty awesome as well. Really good subs, would recommend them to anyone. Small box too.
Cool, i heard the new Titanium line is freakin' awesome! They have also put out a new Titanium Elite line is that off the hook.

Anyone have the normal Titanium line?

Originally posted by biffy 10 thats a gay sub:nono:
Really? I heard the new Titanium line is great. OKay, well do you have another suggestion for a good SQ and SPL 12" I want 2 12's that will be pushed by a Phoenix Gold 1200.1 amp.

I would also like a silver/titanium look to the sub for style purposes. The Xtant subs look great, but not sure about performance.

Thanks

Originally posted by mav2002 Phoenix Gold Titanium 12 vs. Image Dynamics IDQ12v2.d2? Which one is better for a good balance of SQ and SPL?
I like both subs, but I like the IDQ a little better, very nice sub, but you guys need to check out the new PG subs, here is a pic of them in a PG Mazda Protoge 5

Originally posted by denim I like both subs, but I like the IDQ a little better, very nice sub, but you guys need to check out the new PG subs, here is a pic of them in a PG Mazda Protoge 5
I agree, I like the IDQ better....but I will have to admit, the PG Titanium subs LOOK better. I love the silver face. That actually may sway my decision to the PG's. I know, that's a terrible reasons, but what can I say. Will I actually be able to tell the difference in SQ when I put the 2 12's in the trunk? Probably not.

what about id's other subs? i can't think of it's name but they have a new one that is supposed to have xmax of 2.5", total excursion over 3" and their NOT a fat surround sub. they have a patent(or pending?) on the surround. nothing bigger then a twelve, but the dealer said that they were great for both spl and sq. i think they were $450+ retail.

if someone knows what i'm talking about hollar! otherwise i'm going to look it up and get back here

Originally posted by mrray13 what about id's other subs? i can't think of it's name but they have a new one that is supposed to have xmax of 2.5", total excursion over 3" and their NOT a fat surround sub. they have a patent(or pending?) on the surround. nothing bigger then a twelve, but the dealer said that they were great for both spl and sq. i think they were $450+ retail.

if someone knows what i'm talking about hollar! otherwise i'm going to look it up and get back here
Sounds awesome...however, I can't afford 2 12s at $450 each. I'm getting the PG Titanium 12s for $165 each. I think I'll be more than happy in my little coupe.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.