Pioneer Premier PRS-X320?

KJL_21
10+ year member

I am wanting to run a Pioneer Premier PRS-X320 amplifier to a Pioneer Premier TS-12PRS subwoofer. I know that this Premier sub is very nice with SQ but what about the amp? I've heard that if you can find these amplifiers then you shoud definitly buy them because they are top of the line. Does anyone knoe anything about this amplifier?

on the advice of Jmac actually i went and bought myself a PRS X220(one model down from that) and it has been fantastic. couldnt be happier with it. its so clean. i have used it bridged on a sub and it had plenty of power for it and im now using it on a set of components and they sound great. highly reccomend it. hey Jmac is the X220 2 ohm mono stable?

at the advice of Jmac i went and got myself a X220(one model smaller then that one) i couldnt be happier with it. no joke they put out twice their rated power. i was running mine bridged to a sub for a while and it powered it nicely. now i have it on a set of comps and they sound beautiful. The THD is so low on this amp. they are so clean. you wouldnt be dissapointed if you got it. by the way hey Jmac is the 220 mono stable @ 2ohms?

-Mac

I do, I do ...
Awesome amplifier, out of production as of 2002, the PRS-X720 is extremely hard to find, they're 2 ohm mono stable, and all the PRS series amplifiers put out about double (that's right, double) their rated power (Expect around 400 RMS @ 4 ohms or 2 ohms from the PRS-X320).

They're not top of the line, but they're definitely one of my favourite amps ...
I would have to agree. I have 4 of the prs amps now I'm having problems because they put out more than I thought. As soon as I have this problem rectified I will post pics of my install of these amps.

Adam

i got the adv book of the company (the sale man has)....

PRS-X220

CONTINUOUS POWER 14.4V

2x30W (20 - 20 kHz/4 ohm)

2x60W (20 - 20 kHz/2 ohm)

1x120W bridged @ 4 ohm

low load impendance capability 1 - 8 ohm

---

planning to buy the 340.....don't sell the 720 here (it's not even in the dealers manual

i got the adv book of the company (the sale man has)....
PRS-X220

CONTINUOUS POWER 14.4V

2x30W (20 - 20 kHz/4 ohm)

2x60W (20 - 20 kHz/2 ohm)

1x120W bridged @ 4 ohm

low load impendance capability 1 - 8 ohm

---

planning to buy the 340.....don't sell the 720 here (it's not even in the dealers manual
Good luck finding a 720 anywhere now a days. But the 340 is awesome in its own right.

Adam

lotsa pioneer stuff you have i see :) nice!!!

are the speakers under rated too? (front) 60W rms was the highest i found from pionner....but my amp in stronger and afraid not to blow them...so..never bought new front speakers... lol :)

lotsa pioneer stuff you have i see :) nice!!!
are the speakers under rated too? (front) 60W rms was the highest i found from pionner....but my amp in stronger and afraid not to blow them...so..never bought new front speakers... lol :)
Not too sure on their speakers, I've never ran Pioneer speakers up front. I don't think the speakers are though but I'm not certain either.

Adam //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

thanks!

after 40-60days we will find out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif ....i cannot walk for the momment

-------------

i never believe that i would give so much money to my car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.