polyfill work?

misterio
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
texas
I have a box and i want to put in 2 kicker cvr 12"s

It is sealed right now but im thinking of porting it instead because i want it the loudest it can get, the problem is that i have 1.3 ft of volume per sub instead of the minimum recomended 1.75 ft cubed. My question is can i put polyfill in the box to make up for that volume that i lack or will it be fine, or should i just stay sealed.

thanks!

I have a box and i want to put in 2 kicker cvr 12"sIt is sealed right now but im thinking of porting it instead because i want it the loudest it can get, the problem is that i have 1.3 ft of volume per sub instead of the minimum recomended 1.75 ft cubed. My question is can i put polyfill in the box to make up for that volume that i lack or will it be fine, or should i just stay sealed.

thanks!
No that won't work, you need to make a new box. Polyfill is not often used in ported enclosures and its gains are minimal. Those subs need decent sized enclosures, and porting subs in undersized boxes won't yield great results.

This box is the biggest it can be (truck box) so i should leave it sealed and then fill it with polyfill? will it actually make it noticable louder i don't really care how good the sq is.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.