Popping sound when powered off with new saz3500

Bakesbaked
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Just bought this used saz3500 looks like new. I know the guy took care of it. I hooked it up sounded great. And turn my car off. And boom. Loud pop from the subs. Which I had a crapp power acoustik that did this. And when I got a t1500 the problem went away. And now here it is again except I know! That sundown is not a crappy brand.

Has anyone found a solution for this popping sound? It's the quite on quite off relay jacked up? He claims it worked fine before he shipped it. Is it possible that it got messed up in shipping

PAC TR7

Use this for turn on-off delay
TR7.jpg

Product Description

Combines multiple features into one SKU covering more than 16 different applications including low voltage trigger, Alpine video bypass, latching output, double pulse output, pulse extender, linear actuator controller, channel splitter and more!

Product Features

Low voltage trigger

Alpine video bypass

Latching outputs

Double pulse output

Pulse extender

Linear actuator controller

Door lock pulse generator

Channel splitter

3 in 1 timer outputs

Pulses to timed output

Turn on pop delay

Delayed amp turn off

Info from it's webpage PAC Audio Products

Last edited by a moderator:
My used do this when i had my eq hooked up... i just used to turn off the radio which turns off the eq, the volt meter and amp which where allon the remote wire....now that removed the eq it dont do it anymore but i made a habit of just turning it off... dont want to start and get slapped with bass

The reason for this is there isn't enough delay time for your amps to power up and down, it happens the same time your HU powers up and down. Try yanking the optical cable off an Audison Bit One, that **** really annoys everyone. Think of it as pulling out an RCA connection while in operation at high volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.