ported box for a 15" d2

skatenc
10+ year member

nc
i finnaly sent in the money for a d2 today but i dont know what im gonna do for a box... i know that i want a ported box but i dont know how to get one. if someone has box suggestions or links or boxes to sell please post.. o yea and i have an audi a4 so i dont think i can have a realy big box..thanks

Dustin actually posted up box plans for a 15" magnum, 3 ft cube tuned to 28 hz I think, like a week ago. Recommended enclosure for a 15 is 4 ft cubed though. If you have the tools you might purchase a box plan from Dustin or make up the plans and do the box yourself. It saves quite a bit of money. Dustin's boxes are cheap but the shipping is really killer.

yea that's what i hear. it's only going to be about 2 cu ft. sealed what should i expect to pay? i live on the west coast.

no way man, that box is tiny. a ported mag suggests at least 4 cu ft. go for something a lot bigger in box size and a much lower tuning. just to the eye that port looks too big. get one made if you want quality, it's the only way trust me.

I am having mine made right now by Dustin at http://www.gnomeaudio.com just read around, you will see that he does awesome work for a good price. what are you looking to spend on one? and what size is your box going to be tuned to what?
yeah **DONN** //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif at gnomeaudio will make you a great box. They are solid, and well built. Best custom boxes you can get for the price. DO NOT buy one off ebay or any generic one. The Magnum d2 is a great thing, and u don't want to ruin a great thing. peace

NG

DO NOT buy one off ebay or any generic one. The Magnum d2 is a great thing, and u don't want to ruin a great thing. peace
NG
just in case ya missed it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ...but yeah...it's too small, and it deosn't even say tuning. It could be fukkin 50hz for all you know. peace

NG

Magnum D2 box plans, compliments of LoneRanger AKA Donn!

Magnum15Box.jpg

The box posted by DBfan is a good design as well. A little smaller and tuned higher than we have listed, but it should definately throw down in that box. What we list is just a recommendation. :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.