power acoustics

Rule of thumb: anything sold at Best Buy can easily be beaten on the net, both in quality and price. My foolish boss took his hard earned cash to Best Buy for the best bass setup they could build. Some Rockford amp and a couple of 15" Power Acoustiks..

They kept blowing until they finally said "you're pushing the subs too hard, no more replacements." lol! they're the ones that set it up and it couldn't take the power....

Rule of thumb: anything sold at Best Buy can easily be beaten on the net, both in quality and price. My foolish boss took his hard earned cash to Best Buy for the best bass setup they could build. Some Rockford amp and a couple of 15" Power Acoustiks..
They kept blowing until they finally said "you're pushing the subs too hard, no more replacements." lol! they're the ones that set it up and it couldn't take the power....
what does that have to do with poweracoustik? thats just cuzz the ppl who did the install didn't know crap

THX, i actually think that I am dumber as of now then I was prior to reading your post.

Hey, I used to own a power acoustic 800 watt amp, i used this amp for about 4 years believe it or not, and while it wasnt even close to 800 watt still pushed 2 JL W0's pretty good. Dont expect much out of their product but there are fairly priced i would say.

Check on Ebay they have great prices for their amps, like $150 for a 2000 watt amp...lol expect about 400-500 rms.

Their amps from what I have heard are easy to trip into protection...I wonder if that says something about their build quality. And the subs...great SPL per dollar but SQ just isn't there.

edit - I'm talking about the crap at best buy in the prefab boxes so install I dunno, maybe you could make it sound good with the right box.

In all the years i had mine i flipped it to protect 2 times. Maybe their quality has changed. One time i fried something in it, enough to make it smoke A LOT and it still works to this day. Maybe i just got lucky.

transamtroy

In all the years i had mine i flipped it to protect 2 times. Maybe their quality has changed. One time i fried something in it, enough to make it smoke A LOT and it still works to this day. Maybe i just got lucky

Hey I have made one of those cheap audiovox rampage amps smoke like a mother f***er and it still works perfect, I wonder what it is we really burnt up?!?

i had 2 10" MOFOs that worked fine for like a month and a half till i decided to try pushin 800 watts RMS on it... then 1 blew, so i put the amp on the other one... and it blew too... so if your not pushin anywhere near their rated RMS they should be fine

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.