power amplifier for hertz hx 300

Dear all,

I would like to ask an opinion about power amplifier,

I want to use 1 pcs of subwoofer hertz hx300,

And the car is for daily use, it is better to use monoblock or 4 channel, and also I confuse due it written the subwoofer is rms 600watts and if I use only 200watts is it ok or not?

And what is the better power amplifier should I have.

Thanks all.

Is this your subwoofer?

If it is it has a single 4 ohm voice coil that can handle up to 600W RMS. So you would need to get an amplifier that does up to 600W RMS @ 4 ohms. You'll want a monoblock amp, as a subwoofer is only one channel. You could also get a 2 channel amp that's bridgable, so you can have one, powerful channel, but you're better off keeping it simple. It's okay to use less than 600W, so long as you set the gain correctly. Do a search for setting subwoofer gains and you'll fin plenty of info.

Let us know what amplifier brands you have available to you in your region so we can give you recommendations.

I need to sleep, though; this is where I get off.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.