Power

its a mono amp,

i just want to see if what i wrote is correct because i currently have 1 jl 12w6v2, and am thinking of getting another but i need to know if my amp is too weak... also im thinking of selling to to get 2 of somethin else...

Read this very carefully:

DUAL 2 OHM DOES NOT EQUAL 2 OHMS!!!!!!!

Now read it again.

and again.

good.

Dual 2 can equal 1 ohm, or 4 ohms.

Dual 4 can equal 2 ohms, or 8 ohms.

You need the final impedance on that amp to be 2 ohms. I guess W6s are D2? is that right? If so, you need two of them to make a 2 ohm impedance. If you wired one of them to that amp w/ the coils in parallel, you probably F*ed your sub or amp up. Your amp isn't too weak, but just make sure you confim w/ somone about your wiring before you actually plug it in and run it.

F*CK i think the guy from goodguys who installed it put my 1 jl 12w6v2 on a 2 ohm then meening its getting 1000wrms, so i got to fix that **** before it gets F*cked.

should i just add another w6v2 or rewire or what?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.