Powering two XXX 15's

91explorerV6
10+ year member

New York
Ok so I heard about these XXX subs everyone is raving about on here so I went and checked them out for 399 if there everything everyone says they are then there quite a deal I was trying to budget my system to keep from spending 800 of my well earned dollars on one component but I hear these are great subs so what im wondering is would it be possible to power one RE XXX sub with two Profile CL1200

amps? can you power 1 sub with 2 amps without hurting the sub? If so how do I do it? just trying to figure out if I wanna buy expensive subs im afraid if I get these subs with cheaper amps they will sound like crap until I can get better amps so let me know what you think

Stay away from the Profile amp. If you have some shitty subs then maybe but the profile won't do them any justice.

I believe the XXX is 1600rms so you are going to need some serious power.

If money wasn't an issue then I would say go with the Orion 2500D.

If you wanted to spend less and go with two amps then you could do two PG Tanturms 1200.1 or two hifonics Brutus 1500D.

Stay away from the Profile amp. If you have some shitty subs then maybe but the profile won't do them any justice.
I believe the XXX is 1600rms so you are going to need some serious power.

If money wasn't an issue then I would say go with the Orion 2500D.

If you wanted to spend less and go with two amps then you could do two PG Tanturms 1200.1 or two hifonics Brutus 1500D.
If you do go with two amps, make sure you upgrade to a 200+ amp alternator. Two Tantrum 1200s are going to **** your car's electrical system dead dry.

_Ray

what is the advantage of using two amps? wont one amp put out more power at two ohms (coils wired in parallel) than 2 amps each wired to 4 ohms?

so how does this lead to more power?

what is the advantage of using two amps? wont one amp put out more power at two ohms (coils wired in parallel) than 2 amps each wired to 4 ohms?
so how does this lead to more power?
You're right.

But find the guy an amp that'll do 3200 watts RMS (XXX rms-es @ 1600-watts) x 1 @ 1 ohm....

Oh crap...there isn't one. And that's precisely why it makes sense to use two amps wired 4 ohm (PG Tantrum does 1400 @ 4 ohm i believe). Two amps are going to be proportionally more efficient than 1 amp and thus, will power the subs a lot better.

Correct me if I'm wrong fellas.

_Ray

If you do go with two amps, make sure you upgrade to a 200+ amp alternator.
Yup, or just one BIG amp!
But find the guy an amp that'll do 3200 watts RMS (XXX rms-es @ 1600-watts) x 1 @ 1 ohm....
US AMPS USA2000X 3010 - not exactly 3200, but close!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif(also expen$ive)
Is it 1ohm stable?

Oh crap...there isn't one.
I'm sure there is, you just need the money for it? JBL CROWN comes to mind!
Correct me if I'm wrong fellas.
Nah, your not wrong, maybe just a little misinformed! I am too!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

BTW, there's a Visionik amp on sale roght now @ www.millionbuy.com for $200! It's the v900X.

I think it may be strappable? Could get a couple of those to!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

but heres a sicker thought. the sub is 1600wrms, the peak im guessing is double which is 3200 watts. now most subs it is safe to go 3/4 of the way of your peak, so he could put more power. that is sick. Thats 2400 watts a sub. thats disgusting. U would def need to upgrade your alternator either way

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.