Profile amplifiers...good or not?

profiles are decent amps the clarus series is suposedly better than the california. a JBL 1200.1 is around 275 shipped and will give u 600 watts at 4 ohms. that will be better than a profile amp IMO , i have one and its prefect

I myself have a California 600 MSX amplifier from Profile. I have to say they are very good amplifiers and put out what they say they will. They are not under/over rated, the do what they say, and if you treat them well they will last. Mine has been pounding mine for nearly 6 months and during the beginning of the summer with having a dark blue car and the amp being in the trunk in the blistering heat, running wide open at 2 ohms, it hasnt shut off once or overheated. They are reliable amps if you take care of them and dont try to run them past what they are capable of.

I myself have a California 600 MSX amplifier from Profile. I have to say they are very good amplifiers and put out what they say they will. They are not under/over rated, the do what they say, and if you treat them well they will last. Mine has been pounding mine for nearly 6 months and during the beginning of the summer with having a dark blue car and the amp being in the trunk in the blistering heat, running wide open at 2 ohms, it hasnt shut off once or overheated. They are reliable amps if you take care of them and dont try to run them past what they are capable of.
couldnt have said it better myself...very reliable amps.....

Yes Profile is a very good company. Im kinda curious as to how theyre other products are as well, such as their component sets. They look pretty good form their specs, and I dont know if theire H/U's would be any good, which I doubt but I say all Profile is worth a shot.

from what ive seen their componets and subs appear to be low quality.....but u never know...havnt actually tried them so i cant really say for sure...

from what ive seen their componets and subs appear to be low quality.....but u never know...havnt actually tried them so i cant really say for sure...
Yea. Im thinkin about gettin a pair of their 6 1/2 components as soon as I figure out what size hole is in the factory door location in my Grand Am.

so you're lookin at the ca1200? i got mine on ebay for 160, and i'm pushin 2 12s with it, sending 450w to each sub. the only time i've ever had problems with this amp is because of something i did. it sounds good and it puts out what it says. i'd highly recommend this amp, especially for that price. couldn't be happier with it...

Yes Profile is a very good company. Im kinda curious as to how theyre other products are as well, such as their component sets. They look pretty good form their specs, and I dont know if theire H/U's would be any good, which I doubt but I say all Profile is worth a shot.
I've had nothing but bad experience with their blue California subs. Ive blown 3 out of the 4 that I bought using minimal power. IMO they cant handle their rms for a sustained period of time. You can find them on ebay, the shipping cost more than what you can win the auction at.

I have been using a California 440 amp to power my front stage for about 13 months now and never had a problem with it.

i had a ca440 powering my infinity comps, and was pretty unhappy with it, extremely sensitive to road noise, i thoguth it was my wiring, then i dug around my basementand pulled out a pos jensen amp, and walah, zero alt noise. So now its powering my sub, it also blew some capacitators once and started smoking, but they were good about fixing it for free, so i dunno they're fine for the money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.