question on cap?

dimhof
10+ year member

i will be running a rockford fosgate 1500 watt rms amp (model 1501bd) hooked up to two rockford fosgate 12" hx2 powers (model RFR3112). i know i will need a capicitor but i was wondering if i would need more than one. i was also wondering about a new alternator or another battery. anybody have a better solution with combos of those choices or just one. thanks in advance.

also...what kind of wiring would i need to hook up the amp to the head unit and the subs to the amp. i'm guessing 4 guage wire. any tips on what kind of kits i should buy or where?

i just got done installing my 1501d mtx and i ran the system w/ 2 1 farad caps using bus bars and w/o the caps installed...their was barely any difference in dimming...if u have it i guess u mine as well use it but i left mine out.....blah blah blah

about every 1000 watts, a farad is reccomended. being that you have 1500 watts, go with a 1.5 farad cap. try to get a digital cap so you can read your volts and also know that the cap is working. since youve got fosgate just go with a fosgate cap. run 4ga a you should be good. if you still have dimming then the best thing to do would be to upgrade your alternater or add another.

none of those companies make their own caps, so they are all the same. So just get the cheapest one you can find. 4 gauge wire will work just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.