Quick ? about alternator

jcash1995
10+ year member

Illinois
I'm getting ready to install a JBL BP600.1 and a P80.4 in my 93 beretta. Stock alternator, no power windows/locks, etc. I have already done the Big 3. If I figured this right, I need an alt that does 110 amps. Is this right? Or am I just overthinking this?

I think you should be ok. Just install it and see what happens, if your lights dim just let us know and I’m sure we can find a place where you can buy a 130-150 amp alt at a good price. But like I said just hook it up and see what happens. I used to run a 600 watt system on an 80 amp stock alt, and never had a problem. And that was running A/C or heat, power windows everything on a 1998 nissan sentra, and lights never not once dimmed..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.