"no clipping h/u"??

78nova
10+ year member

XXX
i was wondering if there was such a thing as a no clipping h/u because i have an audiobahn amp that shows when im clipping with these gay blue and red lights, and i have a piece of crap h/u (pioneer deh1400 i believe with piece of crap rca's) and my amp just clips TO much and i dont want to blow my subs, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif so i was thinking of upgrading to another h/u with "no clipping" or a h/u that wont clip with 13 volts, so please help me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/help.gif.cee8f684da1ba626487a8bc51152e1ec.gif

thanks

if i turn the gain down you can bearly hear bass, and it still clips if my volume is at 14 out of 30(with the bass to -6 on my h/u and the amp gain is at 1/3) i really am considering getting a new h/u so please help me out

thanks

what about an eclipse h/u, i heard those were pretty good for no clipping
correct, their decks are non-clipping. The voltage and resistance on the RCA lines is a important factor for no clipping deck. Eclipse's 5/ 8 volt / 50ohm decks are the ticket.

The deh 1400 is NOT what I would call one of Pioneer's proudest achievements. The pre amp output voltage on that deck is dismal at best. I would say get a deck it with high output voltage or get a decent pre amp line driver to boost the voltage. If you like Pioneer then get one of the higher end Premier units that have triple 6 volt pre outs.

adam

Lots of decks have anti-clipping circuts that dial back the outputs from the RCA's once a certain volume level on the deck is reached. My old P1r comes to mind, as does my current RF 8240Ti........not sure about the alpine 9815 that i have as well.....but i do know the RF's 2v rated outputs out perform the alpine's 4v outputs with ease........

what about an eclipse h/u, i heard those were pretty good for no clipping
I think Eclipse makes excellent decks(I have used 4 of them including my current deck). I think their pre outs may clip, but they go very near full volume before doing so. I think, from top to bottom, eclipse decks have the best pre outs going.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.