RCA splitters and two amps

iowabucks

Hey everyone, I am a DIY'er, but have pretty basic knowledge when it comes to wiring amps or subs.

Right now I have a Sony CDX-GT510 that I am wiring a sub to with a Cadence Amp. I also am going to wire up an Alpine KTP-445U 4 channel power amp, which is kind of a mini amp in a way, for the 4 Kenwood cabin speakers.

The Sony HU only has 4 RCA outputs along with 2 more RCA inputs.

Remember, I said my car stereo wiring knowledge was pretty basic. So what I want to know is how do I wire both subs up with the RCA's when there is only 2 sets of rca outputs on the HU? One pair for audio out front, and one pair for audio out rear?

I see my HU can switch the rear RCA outputs from rear speakers to sub. If I switch it to sub, how can I power all 4 cabin speakers (front and rear) from the amp. I don't want to be limited to only powering 2 cabin speakers and the sub.

How can I use an RCA splitter to get all 4 speakers and the sub (on a separate amp) powered at the same time?

I know the HU is a little old and might not be capable of doing what I want without some kind of balance/fader limitations.

How do I handle this?

Would I just use the rear outputs for the sub? That can be controlled from the HU itself. Sub or rear speaker setting.

Then split the signal from the front output RCA's for all 4 speakers? Although I would be losing any fader/balance control. Would it still sound just as good otherwise?

Also, currently I have a Crutchfield wiring harness on the Sony HU.

The Alpine Amp is connected to the HU via RCA cables. The output wires from the amp goes to the speaker wires. Would that mean I wouldn't use the wiring harness that comes out of the back of the HU?

Can I cut the stock Sony harness and attach the Amps wires directly to those wires that lead to the speakers?

Ok. Past all that already.

Now. The Sony HU has 4 RCA outputs as I said. I split the front outputs to go to all 4 cabin speakers and now i'm using the rear RCA outputs to go to the sub. The Alpine Alpine KTP-445U has a couple dip switches to set. One is for 2 channel or 4 channel operation. Considering how I have this wired up so far, which would it be? 2 or 4?

4 channel operation. You split the fronts so you essentially have 4 channels of signal coming in so you want 4 channels on the output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.