RE HC 15 issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dre_ATL
10+ year member

Atlanta
I got two RE HC 15's recently and yesterday I could tell the bass wasn't as loud anymore. I checked them out and one sub wasn't playing. I tried pushing down on the cone and it wouldn't even budge. So I take it out the box and see that the basket is loose from the motor. The cone will move now and I tried wiring it up to see if it worked and both coils played. I can see where there are a few screws from the motor that go up into the basket. Is there any way I can tighten these or does this sub have to be reconed?

yea I think pics are a must...

I've never seen an HC that wasn't mounted in a box; but with most (all) subs I've seen the screws that hold the basket to the motor are under the spiders...... if they came loose and fell into the pole vent or something you will need to tear the soft parts of the sub out to put them back in.....

my advice, use locktite... lol

I took the them out the car and left them in my storage garage. I had to put some L5's back in for some sound today. I will take several pics in the morning. Do you have any idea what happened to it?

yea I think pics are a must...
I've never seen an HC that wasn't mounted in a box; but with most (all) subs I've seen the screws that hold the basket to the motor are under the spiders...... if they came loose and fell into the pole vent or something you will need to tear the soft parts of the sub out to put them back in.....

my advice, use locktite... lol

Yeah it looks like that is what I will have to do. It didn't look like there was any way to tighten them without having to remove the cone and all. So can you remove the soft parts and actually put them back together? Or will I need to replace them?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.