reading on digital fuse block

HawaiianHaole
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Delaware
My lack of understanding of circuits will shine through with this question, but....

I just hooked up my new amp with all new wiring and a new digital fuse block. I don't understand why there is an output of 12 when the car is off. Why is there power running to it when the car is off, keys out, so no radio? I assume its not draining the battery, but can someone just give me the easy explanation I am anticipating?

My lack of understanding of circuits will shine through with this question, but....
I just hooked up my new amp with all new wiring and a new digital fuse block. I don't understand why there is an output of 12 when the car is off. Why is there power running to it when the car is off, keys out, so no radio? I assume its not draining the battery, but can someone just give me the easy explanation I am anticipating?
All that is giving you is voltage potential between the battery's pos terminal and ground. Your battery voltage is what it is giving you and its perfectly normal.

How's the install going, BTW?

Its going pretty well. I am just about done getting everything wired up and getting the new subs put in. I hope to wrap everything up tomorrow and try and post a recap and some pics on Monday. Thanks again for your help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.