Rear deck and trunk rattle....

tussle
10+ year member

Ontario
Got my new subs put in (punch hx2 12's) and they are very LOUD but, they rattle the **** out of my trunk and back deck (I drive a 94 intrepid, the trunk is VERY sealed off from the cabin). I think the reason for this is that my box is ported, but the ports are on the top of the box. The box is pushed all the way back in my trunk, so it is firing more or less direcly into my back deck. My idea is that I either remove my 6x9's, or cut some ports into my back deck above my box. Will doing this help with either of my rattles? please help!

-thanks

PS, any other suggestions are welcome, id really like to get rid of this rattling.

Report this

Dynamat is over rated and extremely over priced. If your going to add sound deadening, which you should, I suggest http://www.secondskinaudio.com Ant has great products and a lot of people on this site can say the same. He my even hook you up if you mention that your a member here.

PM him. I ended up getting 100sq' of B-Quiet for about $100. I think it works quite well, can't hear a thing outside my car and have absolutely no rattles. (I didn't know Ant at the time.)

Also, foam padding. Extremely cheap, extremely effective.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.