Reasonable price?

Registered
10+ year member

Alabama
I've purchased an amp and sub recently and I'm looking to get them installed. I talked to Tweeters and another local car audio place. They both told me it'd be around $200 to get a box for the sub and the amp installed?

$50 for the box/labor

$50 for the labor on Amp Install

$100??? on wires and misc equip?

I was hoping it'd be around $100 for the install, kinda got blown away when it was twice that much.

I've looked on ebay for boxes, but after shipping it'd be just as much to have them (local store) make it.

Should it really be $200? Maybe ask them how much wire they'll need, and go buy that somewhere else?

Guess I'm just looking for a justification of the price being so high or a way to get around paying that much.

if you want a GOOD sounding box, talk to loneranger. he builds the best sounding boxes your ears will ever witness. Anyway, an amp wiring kit is like $30 and speaker wire is cheap... so yeah $100 for miscellanious parts or whatever is a ripoff.

Read around the forum. Get a box from loneranger, or pay him to make you some box plans (he sellls plans that come with cut sheets for about $10). All you have to do with a cut sheet is cut some MDF up as specified, liquid nail/screw it together. Oh and you'd need a rotozip to cut the hole for the sub. Or you can pay him to build you one... if you can't handle it.

As for wiring everything well... its easy so I suggest you do it yourself. You'll be able to get everything installed for under $100 including the best, cheapest box you can find ANYWHERE by loneranger.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.